Wednesday 9 December 2015

New Blog at Manchester Policy

My latest blog for Manchester Policy summarises the ways that I believe IT technology allows governments to re-think the tax and benefits system.

I hope to write further blogs in the future highlighting technological innovations that point to more ways in which IT solutions are changing work, government administration and can be made to do so.

For example, I have seen this week that researchers at the University of New South Wales in Australia are developing a hat that can tell how hard its wearer is concentrating. This technology could have medical applications or be used by employers to monitor employee productivity (or both), Such developments can have utopian and dystopian implications.

What I look out for is ways that technology can make our economic system fairer as well as more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment